Monday 11 July 2011

Sahastradhara, Dehradun, Uttarakhand


Sahastradhara is 11 kms  from Dehradun. Numerous natural springs collect to form a stream, the water contains sulphur and said to have therapeutic properties.



 
Natural springs - mini waterfall
The monkeys here are shy and well-behaved. This chap is hiding behind a rock
Whenever I pointed the camera they would move away, but somehow I managed to get this guy.

VIDEO OF SAHASTRADHARA 





Rope-way at Sahastradhara
On the other side of Sahastradhara is a rope-way which takes tourists to the top of a mountain where there is a Sai Baba temple and a cafeteria.

View after reaching the top

This was installed at the rope-way station, what is it? I have no idea.

VIDEO OF SAHASTRADHARA ROPE-WAY


2 comments:

  1. ths place is new to my knowledge...love to pick that place with my family...those rocks are awesome pick...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is nice place. When you are travelling from Dehradun to Mussoorie you could visit Sahatradhara on the way, it is also a very peaceful place. I regret that we did not visit the cave from where the stream emerges; one has to trek a short distance to reach the cave.

    ReplyDelete